Highland County VA Information
Highland County VA Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||2,316 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||2,316 (100.0%) |
|Population in Families ||1,853 (80.0%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||0 |
|Population Density ||6 |
|Diversity Index2 ||5 |
|Median Household Income ||$45,920 |
|Average Household Income ||$66,880 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 18% |
|Per Capita Income ||$31,361 |
|Wealth Index5 || 83 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||1,860 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||975 (52.4%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||111 ( 6.0%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||774 (41.6%) |
|Median Home Value ||$202,163 |
|Average Home Value ||$258,103 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||136 |
|Total Households ||1,086 |
|Average Household Size ||2.13 |
|Family Households ||713 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||-0.02% ||-0.34% |
|Households ||0.05% ||-0.3% |
|Families ||-0.11% ||-0.4% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.99% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.84% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||-0.29% |
Highland County VA - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Highland County to the other 133 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Virginia by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 133 ||1st |
|Population Density ||# 133 ||1st |
|Median Household Income ||# 90 ||33rd |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 32 ||24th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 46 ||66th |
|Diversity Index ||# 133 ||1st |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Virginia Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Virginia Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Virginia COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.