Greene County VA Information
Greene County VA Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||20,780 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||20,643 (99.3%) |
|Population in Families ||17,527 (84.3%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||137 ( 0.7%) |
|Population Density ||133 |
|Diversity Index2 ||37 |
|Median Household Income ||$66,920 |
|Average Household Income ||$83,210 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 16% |
|Per Capita Income ||$30,759 |
|Wealth Index5 || 87 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||8,605 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||6,090 (70.8%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||1,589 (18.5%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||926 (10.8%) |
|Median Home Value ||$259,796 |
|Average Home Value ||$302,401 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||149 |
|Total Households ||7,679 |
|Average Household Size ||2.69 |
|Family Households ||5,678 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||1.19% ||1.02% |
|Households ||1.22% ||1.04% |
|Families ||1.11% ||0.96% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.1% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.56% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||1.09% |
Greene County VA - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Greene County to the other 133 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Virginia by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 81 ||40th |
|Population Density ||# 60 ||56th |
|Median Household Income ||# 36 ||74th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 47 ||35th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 52 ||62nd |
|Diversity Index ||# 84 ||38th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Virginia Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Virginia Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Virginia COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.