Fairfax (city) County VA Information
Fairfax (city) County VA Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||24,095 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||23,574 (97.8%) |
|Population in Families ||18,241 (75.7%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||521 ( 2.2%) |
|Population Density ||3,862 |
|Diversity Index2 ||70 |
|Median Household Income ||$111,634 |
|Average Household Income ||$143,119 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 20% |
|Per Capita Income ||$52,863 |
|Wealth Index5 ||192 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||9,314 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||6,466 (69.4%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||2,427 (26.1%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||421 ( 4.5%) |
|Median Home Value ||$525,186 |
|Average Home Value ||$561,974 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||117 |
|Total Households ||8,893 |
|Average Household Size ||2.65 |
|Family Households ||5,818 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.64% ||0.94% |
|Households ||0.62% ||0.94% |
|Families ||0.47% ||0.84% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.06% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.58% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||-0.58% |
Fairfax (city) County VA - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Fairfax (city) County to the other 133 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Virginia by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 74 ||45th |
|Population Density ||# 8 ||95th |
|Median Household Income ||# 5 ||97th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 12 ||9th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 6 ||96th |
|Diversity Index ||# 6 ||96th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Virginia Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Virginia Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Virginia COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.