Amelia County VA Information
Amelia County VA Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||13,469 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||13,341 (99.0%) |
|Population in Families ||11,287 (83.8%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||128 ( 1.0%) |
|Population Density ||38 |
|Diversity Index2 ||42 |
|Median Household Income ||$58,626 |
|Average Household Income ||$71,600 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 15% |
|Per Capita Income ||$27,307 |
|Wealth Index5 || 71 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||5,859 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||4,303 (73.4%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||831 (14.2%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||725 (12.4%) |
|Median Home Value ||$216,245 |
|Average Home Value ||$245,550 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||166 |
|Total Households ||5,134 |
|Average Household Size ||2.6 |
|Family Households ||3,763 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.58% ||0.53% |
|Households ||0.62% ||0.55% |
|Families ||0.5% ||0.46% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.79% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.48% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.58% |
Amelia County VA - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Amelia County to the other 133 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Virginia by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 105 ||22nd |
|Population Density ||# 116 ||14th |
|Median Household Income ||# 50 ||63rd |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 78 ||59th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 72 ||47th |
|Diversity Index ||# 73 ||46th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Virginia Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Virginia Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Virginia COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.