Louisa County VA Information
Louisa County VA Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||38,658 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||38,447 (99.5%) |
|Population in Families ||31,977 (82.7%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||211 ( 0.5%) |
|Population Density ||78 |
|Diversity Index2 ||38 |
|Median Household Income ||$63,197 |
|Average Household Income ||$83,110 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 15% |
|Per Capita Income ||$32,470 |
|Wealth Index5 || 99 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||19,215 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||12,675 (66.0%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||2,425 (12.6%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||4,115 (21.4%) |
|Median Home Value ||$224,330 |
|Average Home Value ||$283,803 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||164 |
|Total Households ||15,100 |
|Average Household Size ||2.55 |
|Family Households ||10,794 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||1.51% ||1.42% |
|Households ||1.51% ||1.42% |
|Families ||1.39% ||1.33% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.96% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.79% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||1.46% |
Louisa County VA - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Louisa County to the other 133 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Virginia by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 46 ||66th |
|Population Density ||# 84 ||38th |
|Median Household Income ||# 40 ||71st |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 75 ||56th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 42 ||69th |
|Diversity Index ||# 80 ||40th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Virginia Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Virginia Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Virginia COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.