Covington (city) County VA Information
Covington (city) County VA Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||5,687 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||5,600 (98.5%) |
|Population in Families ||4,214 (74.1%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||87 ( 1.5%) |
|Population Density ||1,040 |
|Diversity Index2 ||34 |
|Median Household Income ||$39,554 |
|Average Household Income ||$51,752 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 8% |
|Per Capita Income ||$22,685 |
|Wealth Index5 || 51 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||2,997 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||1,877 (62.6%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||614 (20.5%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||506 (16.9%) |
|Median Home Value ||$75,656 |
|Average Home Value ||$109,164 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||304 |
|Total Households ||2,491 |
|Average Household Size ||2.25 |
|Family Households ||1,450 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||-0.46% ||-0.81% |
|Households ||-0.54% ||-0.87% |
|Families ||-0.7% ||-1.0% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.86% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.52% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||-0.85% |
Covington (city) County VA - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Covington (city) County to the other 133 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Virginia by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 129 ||4th |
|Population Density ||# 33 ||76th |
|Median Household Income ||# 113 ||16th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 133 ||100th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 104 ||23rd |
|Diversity Index ||# 88 ||35th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Virginia Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Virginia Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Virginia COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.