Bath County VA Information
Bath County VA Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||4,661 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||4,608 (98.9%) |
|Population in Families ||3,553 (76.2%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||53 ( 1.1%) |
|Population Density ||9 |
|Diversity Index2 ||18 |
|Median Household Income ||$44,995 |
|Average Household Income ||$58,042 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 15% |
|Per Capita Income ||$26,887 |
|Wealth Index5 || 54 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||3,383 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||1,400 (41.4%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||758 (22.4%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||1,225 (36.2%) |
|Median Home Value ||$160,370 |
|Average Home Value ||$211,286 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||170 |
|Total Households ||2,158 |
|Average Household Size ||2.14 |
|Family Households ||1,320 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||-0.15% ||-0.66% |
|Households ||-0.02% ||-0.58% |
|Families ||-0.2% ||-0.71% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.52% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.45% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||-0.52% |
Bath County VA - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Bath County to the other 133 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Virginia by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 131 ||2nd |
|Population Density ||# 132 ||2nd |
|Median Household Income ||# 93 ||31st |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 86 ||65th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 79 ||41st |
|Diversity Index ||# 114 ||15th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Virginia Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Virginia Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Virginia COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.